Sunday, September 2, 2007

Tagged!!

Oh dear! I've been tagged by Amberkatze. This next paragraph is from her blog about tagging. Guess these are the offical rules.

Once you have been tagged, you have to write a blog with 10 weird, random things, facts, habits, or goals about yourself. At the end choose 10 people to be tagged, listing their names and why you chose them. Don't forget to leave them a comment (you're it) and to read your blog. You can't tag the person who tagged you. Since you can't tag me back, let me know when you've posted your blog so I can see your answers.

1. I have lived in Texas my whole life and cannot imagine living anywhere else. I love it here, especially the heat and Tex-Mex cooking. Even though I have lived here all my life, I have not owned a cowboy hat or boots since around age 5.

2. I love country music and going to concerts. This is something I inherited from my dad (even though he never went to many live shows) My father loved music and on Saturdays nights when I was growing up, he would turn the television on to channel 11 and from around 6:00 to 10:00, we would watch one country music show after another. (Those were the days of one TV households)

3. I love cats. I have 7 right now, 2 I inherited from my mom, 3 brought home as strays by my children and 2 the orginial two that I was responsible for bringing into the house. Of course as my children move out, they have not taken their strays with them (indeed one is my little shadow and he would probably morn my loss if my son were to take him now). They are all getting pretty geriatric. Occassionally my daughter brings her kitten home for me to kittensit and he drives them all crazy chasing them around and wanting to play.

4. I have been married for 30 years and I have 5 children -- 3 boys, 2 girls. I have two in-law children (one of each), and one grandbaby boy who just turned one in July. My children were born boy, girl, boy, girl, boy and I've always regretted not going ahead and having one more. Surely it would have been another girl.

5. I decided the first time I went to storytime at the downtown Dallas library (probably at around age 6), that I wanted to be a librarian when I grew up. I always pictured myself at a public library doing storytime. I'm not quite sure how I wound up as a university medical school reference librarian. Do you think the med students would like to hear me read "Charlotte's Web" sometime?

6. I love to travel. My parents always took one to two week long vacations every summer. One summer we drove to Tennessee, another all the way to Montana, but most of the time, we went to Colorado. My dad loved Colorado. One summer, we were in Missouri and he got bored and we drove accross Kansas to get to Colorado. One summer, as we were backing out of the driveway headed for Galveston and the Texas coast, he decided we'd go to Colorado instead. One thing about our trips, if you didn't leave home with it, you didn't buy it, you did without. We have pictures of me playing in the snow dressed for the beach in shorts and flip-flops.

7. My dream is to someday travel to England and Wales. I have always regretted not being more adventurous when I was younger and just going. Now, I send my children to Europe between their junior and senior year of college, but still have not gone myself. Perhaps when the youngest graduates, I'll finally make it. I've always been fascinated by the British monarchy and there are so many historical sites and museums there that I want to see.

8. When I was in high school, my mother bought me a set of tarot cards. I still have the deck and have since bought several more. I packed them away when the kids were little and have just recently picked them back up again. I was online one day and noticed the "Barnes & Nobles University". They were offering a class in tarot and I signed up for it. I LOVED BNU. Every month I would look forward to seeing what would be offered the next month and signed up for at least 2 each time. I was so upset when they discontinued it. I can't stand the way they have it now. They aren't really classes anymore, it's just a big message board. I very rarely ever go over there.

9. I bought a set of rune stones a few months ago and have enjoyed studying about them. I have always loved Greek, Roman & Egyptian mythology. The Norse myths were new to me and I've learned so much from reading about them while I study the runes.

10. Last one -- geez it was hard coming up with 10 things and I'm not sure I know 10 people with blogs. I have been fascinated by computers since the first time my husband & I bought one (an old dos prompt with amber print). I like MSN groups and it is still my preferred way of storing things, pictures, stories, lists, etc. I recently started this blog and I like it ok, but still prefer my groups. There is a lot more freedom to choose how they look and what I can do with them. Other people do all kinds of things with blogs, but I'm not that good with them yet. The groups are more like mini-websites.

I think I will have to do more research on finding 10 people with blogs. I could only think of one person while I was sitting here that wasn't on Amberkatze's list, lol. I will do that part of this exercise though and report back when the list is complete.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

A nice bunch of '10 things'!