Friday, October 24, 2008

Stupid ole MSN

For the last few years I've had a group on MSN for my books - availables, to be read, to be listened to, wishlist, and lists of books that have been read. Unfortunately, MSN has decided to close the groups and miagrate them to something I find totally unacceptable. A "blog" format. Blogs are all well and good for some things, but not others. I am looking for a new platform, but think the info will have to be broken down and put in several different places.

I decided to miagrate my list of books read to Blogger and I will link from this blog to it and from it to here.

Please see my list of "Books Read" here: http://kathybsbooklist.blogspot.com/

2 comments:

Cherie said...

I'm sure there's another tool or website out there that offers similar functionality. Unfortunately, I don't know exactly how your MSN thing worked under the hood so I can't necessarily recommend any, but why not try taking a look at some of Zoho's offerings, or Google's, and see if they can't offer a web app with similar functionality. (I assume it worked on some kind of database design, and if so I'd say look to Zoho first.) HTH

Kathy said...

Thanks for the suggestions Cherie. I've been looking around a bit and thought I'd use Blogger for a couple of things - the reading & wish lists. I still need to find a home for my AVLs & TBRs so I'll check ZoHo out and I didn't think about Google Docs so I'll look at them as well. I have an account with LibraryThing and Shelfari, one of those might work too.