Monday, October 15, 2007

Winter Moon


Winter Moon by three fantasy authors. I really liked all three of these stories. The Lackey and Lee stories are the fantasy I like best. Murphy's paranormal shaman is going to soon be a favorite.

Moontide by Mercedes Lackey
A story from the 500 Kingdoms. Moira na Ferson, Grey Lady and heir to Highclere returns home to find her father is not exactly being loyal to the king.

Heart of the Moon by Tanith Lee
Lee at her best. Clirando, a warrior maiden,is exiled to spend a week on the Moon Isle during the time of the seven full moons. There she is forced to face her own fears and to do penance for the ghosts that haunt her.

Banshee Cries by CE Murphy
Joanne Walker, shaman and Seattle police officer, gets help from her dead mother to track down a serial killer.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I gave up on this one...I didn't enjoy any of the stories at all.

Kathy said...

I liked the first story a lot, but then Sci-Fi Fantasy is one of my favorite genres. The second was a bit harder to get into, but was stil good. I think they were both more fantasy than paranormal. I don't know if you remember, but it was the first book I bookmooched from you, lol.