Thursday, May 28, 2009

Vampire Academy


Vampire Academy #1: Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead

A very, very slow start. The book referred back to prior events so often that I thought I was wrong and this was the second book in the series rather than the first. The story was original and very good until the cutting began. Seriously, do writers think books don't influence teenage girls? They don't think that impressionable teengirls won't think "I'm depressed, maybe if I cut myself like such-in-so in my favorite book, I'll feel better." Kids are really susceptible to things like that, much more so than adults. At least it was only a couple of times and it appears to have ended, but still, I don't think I'd recommend this one to any teenaged girls I know. Since I'm an adult and won't go off and cut myself next time I'm depressed, I will give the next book in the series a try. Like I said earlier, it was a bit different and I did like the basic story. It left a few loose ends to that promise to make the next book a good read.

No comments: