Monday, June 8, 2009

George, Reba, Cowboys




June 6, 2009 - Cowboys Stadium
Leann Womack, Blake Shelton, Reba McEntire, & George Strait


I have to admit, I'm not much of a football fan. I loved my Dallas Cowboys back in the 60s & 70s, but haven't watched much football since. But I do have to say I feel honored to have been at the first event ever at the new Cowboy Stadium.

I bought the tickets because I'm really a big, George Strait fan. If he plays anywhere in a 4 state radius, I'm usually there. Leann, Blake & Reba were a huge bonus. I really like all of them as well.

The stadium is massive, acoustics were bad, but George was awesome. I got to see an assortment of other well knowns as well. Jerry Jones suite was right behind where I was sitting. During the course of the evening, he was joined by Jimmy Johnson, Bill Bates, Troy Ackman and Senator Kay Baily Hutchinson.

A truly magical afternoon and evening. The roof of the dome opened to the sounds of George singing "Texas". How fitting.

No comments: