Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Just a Complaint

I've started and stopped so many books lately. The main females in most are so stupid. In the last one I tried to read, the couple had only been seeing each other a few days. The girl wants to know if he will leave her when she gets old. After assuring her he won't, he says something about their children. She got all mad because they had just met and he was talking about her having his baby?? Well, she had just talked about growing old together -- duh!

Most females in books, movies and TV series these days expect too much. They want to be the most important thing in their man's life. To heck with the fact he is in school trying to earn a degree so he can support her spending habits and needs time to study or that his mother is dying and he is the sole caregiver. They are so self centered and whiney. Love and marriage is give and take not take, take, take.

Most of the so called "strong" women in books aren't strong, they are bitchy. One can be strong without being mean or unattentive to other peoples feelings or needs.

Ok, done with my rant. I'll quietly go back to reading. Hopefully, a good book with a good plot and strong (but not bitchy) characters.

2 comments:

Tara Maya said...

Hm, I wonder what you would think about my heroine in The Unfinished Song: Initiate. I worried that readers who are used to "kick-ass" urban fantasy heroines might find her too unassuming. But I also don't like the idea that power always has to come in the form of brashness. Sometimes someone who is shy outwardly can still have an inner power that most can't see.

Kathy said...

Hi - I just downloaded it from Amazon to my Kindle. I'll give it a try. Thank you!