Thursday, November 1, 2007

City of Bones


City of Bones: Mortal Instruments # 1 - by Cassandra Clare
Unabridged audio -- 12 CDs -- 14 hours
Read by Ari Graynor

Cover on my copy is different

I really enjoyed this story and look forward to listening to more in this series. 16 year old Clary finds out she is not really a mortal, that she is really decended from the shadow-hunters, warriors who try to rid the world of demons and other forsaken. I was warned against this book by a few people because the author tends to "borrow" quite heavily from other books. I did find a few instances where certain terms or ideas were familar to me from other books, but for the most part. I really liked the book and will listen to the others in this series.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

This was a great read and I already have 'City of Ashes' on my pre-order list ;)